HOW TO CURE FOOD POISONING AT HOME
When you caught food poisoning, this means you have to face severe stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and dizziness. All this happens especially in the season of monsoon when germs, bacteria, and viruses are high in breeding and it poisons or destroys our stomach badly. These bacteria, viruses, and germs enter into our food by any means and then transferred to our stomach. These bacteria and virus just disturb our digestive system. In this phase, there is only one thing to worry about is dehydration. When we are no longer in a condition to eat or digest anything, we need to give a break and rest our stomach and digestive system to cure food poisoning at home. Home remedies for food poisoning can only be followed until and unless you do not feel dehydration. Otherwise, it can become a swear health issues. Let’s discuss a few points to cure food poisoning at home: –
- Cumin seeds salt and asafetida: – Cumin seeds are used as a common ingredient in many home remedies and it is good for regulating blood and makes your stomach working well. Asafetida is one of the good spices used to cure many stomach problems. You can make a tea of cumin seeds and adding salt and asafetida in it. To make this healthy drink pour a spoon full of cumin seeds in boiling water, let it boil for 1-2 minutes. While the water boils with cumin seeds, add a pinch of salt and asafetida. This is a good way to cure food poisoning at home.
- Banana: – It is a good source of potassium. Taking a ripped banana while you are suffering from food poisoning is a boon to your body. While vomiting and diarrhea loose great amount of potassium from the body. Banana helps in recovering that loss quickly and rapidly. Moreover banana is high in calories and you may feel full after taking banana or banana shake during food poisoning.
- Curd with sea salt, black pepper, and basil leaves: – Basil leaves and curd are good components to cure food poisoning. Curd has special kind of bacteria named Lactobacillus. This bacteria helps in improving digestion as well as it may help in killing bad bacteria prevent in the stomach causing food poisoning. To make this, add all the ingredients and mix it well. You can take this mixture 4-5 times a day till the problem persists.
- Lemon could be your friend: – As we all know lemon has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. The acidic nature of lemon may help to kill the bacteria which caused food poisoning. So it could be your best friend during curing the food poisoning at home. You could squeeze the lemon juice, you can have it both the ways, either add sugar to taste and a glass of water to the lemon juice and drink 2- 3 times a day or you can add the spoon full of lemon juice in lukewarm water to relieve your stomach from food poisoning.
- Ginger with honey: – Ginger is the best ingredient to relieve from heartburn and nausea. It also helps in relieving pain or inflammation. You can take this in two ways, one is to get few drops of ginger juice and add honey to it, mix it and take it as 1 spoon 2-3 times a day. And another way is to boil ginger the grated ginger in water, then filter the water in a glass and add honey or sugar according to your requirement. This is a sure shot method to cure food poisoning at home.
By following these remedies, you can cure food poisoning at home but sometimes it may get severe and you have to visit your doctor. So, we suggest you to be in touch with him and do not delay if you require doctor’s help.