What is epididymitis hiv?
This concept refers to the inflammatory process, which is observed in the epididymis. Quite often, it occurs together with the inflammation of the testicle itself, which is called orhoepididymitis. Nevertheless, in this article we will discuss the inflammation of the epididymis separately, which is characterized by pain, swelling and increased scrotum and leads to infertility
Kinds of epididymitis hiv.
There is a small classification of epididymitis species, which should be considered: The form of the disease is divided into:
• Acute – up to 6 weeks.
• Chronic – more than 6 months.
By the number of appendages:
• One-sided: right-sided or left-sided (which develops more often). It flows in an acute form.
• Bilateral – inflammation of both appendages of both testicles simultaneously. It flows in a chronic form.
According to the appearance factor, the species are divided:
• Infectious: specific and nonspecific.
• Infectious and necrotic.
Certain types of epididymitis hiv:
• Granulomatous – the introduction of sperm into the appendage tissue, the lack of response to antibacterial drugs.
The severity of epididymitis hiv is:
Causes of epididymitis hiv
There are four main causes of epididymitis hiv:
1. Infection. Penetration into the appendages of bacteria, viruses, mycoplasmas, fungi, chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhea, tuberculosis, etc. It penetrates the following ways:
• Hematogenous – by means of blood.
• Lymphogenous – through the lymph.
• Canalic – on the vas deferens or on the urethra.
• Secretory – preceded by orchitis, is characteristic of specific pathogens.
2. Infection and necrotization. Torsion of appendages with penetration of infection in them. On the other hand, the introduction of a sperm into the tissue of the appendages.
3. Stagnation. Violated blood circulation in the veins of the appendages or excessive blood is observed in the scrotum. This is due to the following reasons:
• Frequent erections without sex.
• A large number of sexual acts.
• Interrupted intercourse. Hemorrhoids.
• Cycling on a bicycle.
4. Injuries. After the operation, your own injuries or catheter placement. Concomitant factors that contribute to the occurrence of epididymitis are:
• Reduced immunity: HIV, cancer, diabetes, etc.
• Stagnation of urine: prostate adenoma, narrowing of the urethra.
• Overheating and hypothermia.
Symptoms and signs of epididymitis hiv
Common symptoms and signs of epididymitis hiv are:
• Pain is the main symptom in the groin. Has a pulling and intense character. Gives in the lower back and abdomen, as in acute pyelonephritis.
• Swelling of the appendage that covers the testicle. The testicle itself is normal, unless the orchitic develops. The appendage is compacted, enlarged and strained.
• Fever up to 40 ° C.
• Decreased efficiency.
• Pain with ejaculation, urination (supplemented by discomfort), mucous or mucopurulent discharge from the urethra, blood clots in the sperm are observed in the development of complications or concomitant diseases.
Chronic epididymitis occurs with less intensity of symptoms, but constantly worries with its aching and dull signs.
Epididymitis hiv in children
Epididymitis in children is not observed, unless an infection has passed through the blood vessels to the appendages from other organs. It develops only in boys. Girls do not arise because of anatomical features.
Epididymitis hiv in adults
Epididymitis mainly develops only in adults – in men. In women, it does not arise because of another anatomical structure of the reproductive system. However, if a partner has specific and some nonspecific infections, his sexual partner should visit a gynecologist with a view to early detection of a disease that can be provoked by this pathogen.
Epididymitis is easily diagnosed. On complaints of the patient and at the general or common survey already, it is possible to define or determine the reasons of its or his disturbances. However, the urologist is not limited to the general diagnosis of an inflamed epididymis in order to establish a more accurate picture:
• Blood test.
• Analysis of seminal fluid.
• Sowing the contents of appendages.
• Analysis of urine.
• PCR, immunofluorescence.
• Ultrasound of the small pelvis.
• MRI of the small pelvis.
Treatment of epididymitis hiv is carried out in a conservative way, if there is an easy or medium stage of the disease, an acute form with no suppuration, the cause of the disease was trauma.
Than to treat epididymitis? The urologist prescribes a course of medicines and procedures:
• Antimicrobial therapy and antibiotics (etiotropic drugs).
• Novocaine blockade.
• Anti-inflammatory drugs.
• Degradable medicines.
Regardless of whether the patient is treated in the hospital or at home, the scrotum is fixed in order to improve the outflow and prevent swelling. Folk remedies and diet (except for the exclusion of spicy food and the inclusion of abundant drink) in this treatment are ineffective, so do not rely on traditional medicine, so as not to lead to complications. If the patient has complications, a chronic form of the disease or suppuration of the scrotum, then the patient is hospitalized and surgical treatment is prescribed:
• Epididemectomy – elimination of the inflamed epididymis.
• Puncture of the cavity of the scrotum.
• Resection is the removal of a part of the inflamed epididymis.
• Orchiectomy – removal of the epididymis along with the testicle.
• The method of notching is the elimination of pus with preservation of the epididymis.
For the duration of treatment, sexual intercourse should be completely abandoned.