Orchitis treatment antibiotics
Orchitis is an infectious and inflammatory disease of the male urogenital area, affecting the male testis and often their appendages. Since in the overwhelming majority of cases, orchitis has a bacterial etiology, treatment of orchitis with antibiotics is absolutely justified. It is necessary to consider the main etiological factors of this indisposition. In this article, we will tell you the orchitis treatment antibiotics.
Orchitis treatment antibiotics: because of what there is a disease
Inflammation of the testes tissues occurs mainly on the background of concomitant pathology. The factors leading to inflammation can be divided into the following groups:
- Bacterial infection. Pathogenic micro flora can penetrate the hematogenous pathway from distant foci of infection with bacterial or viral diseases of internal organs, such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, candidiasis. In addition, local infection with urogenital and venereal diseases often leads to a chronic course of orchitis. The causal flora can include staphylococcus, ureaplasma, mycoplasma, gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, tuberculosis, brucellosis, typhoid bacterium.
- Viral infection. In children and adolescents, a frequent cause of inflammation of the male glands is an epidemic parotitis caused by a paramyxovirus. There are forms of orchitis caused by influenza viruses, herpes.
- Traumatic lesions in the groin area, surgical interventions.
- The phenomenon of stagnation of blood in the small pelvis and genitals, the causes of which are a low-active lifestyle, often the interruption of intercourse.
- Acute and chronic urogenital diseases.
- Foci of chronic infection in the body.
- Prostatitis, stenosis of the urethra, prostate adenoma, causing stagnation of urine, thereby provoking the spread of infection through the genitourinary tract.
- Low immune status of the body due to other diseases.
- Long-term sexual abstinence, as well as an abundant promiscuous sex life.
Orchitis treatment antibiotics
It is better to turn to a qualified doctor in time for help – this will increase the chances of successful treatment of the disease several times. A specialist – urologist or therapist, makes the recovery scheme. It depends on the form of the course of the disease – acute or chronic, and on the type and source of the pathogen.
Orchitis treatment antibiotics and removal of inflammation
For the patient, withdrawal of unpleasant symptoms of the disease is a priority; therefore, it is important to appoint adequate symptomatic therapy from the very first days. It includes preparations of the group of, analgesics, and antispasmodics, in combination with anti-inflammatory ointments and is aimed at:
- Elimination of edema and inflammation;
- Decrease in body temperature, removal of fever;
- Removal of pain. Strongly expressed pain syndrome can be eliminated by blockade – injection of an analgesic agent in the area of the spermatic cord.
Orchitis treatment antibiotics- effects on pathogens
Orchitis rarely develops as an independent disease, so the main forces need to be directed at eliminating the cause of the disease – treating foci of infection in the body. Neglect of treatment of general pathology, against which orchitis developed, will lead to relapse and further complications.
The general scheme of etiotropic treatment includes the use of antibiotics – bactericidal and bacteriostatics in combination with hormonal anti-inflammatory therapy. Before the bacterial culture of urine and the determination of sensitivity to antibiotics, one of the universal antibacterials of a wide spectrum of action is prescribed. The doctor selects the dosage and the regimen individually, taking into account the type and localization of the infection, the bacteriological examination data, and the severity of the course of the disease, the general condition, and age of the patient.
At the initial stages of treatment, drugs are given parenterally – injections or intravenous injections and then switch to oral administration (capsules, tablets).
The main groups of drugs for the treatment of orchitis remain unchanged, the names of antibiotics may differ. Antibiotics of the first series – a group of penicillins or macrolides:
When orchitis caused by brucellosis infection, aminoglycosides or Levomycetin are prescribed in combination with sulfonamides. It is also necessary to prick the brucellosis live vaccine.
With urogenital infections, accompanied by the presence of leukocytes and bacteria in the urine, antiseptic drugs are prescribed. Effective is also Furadonin.
For the treatment of orchitis, which develops in children against the background of mumps, it is advisable to include in the scheme Acetylsalicylic acid as an anti-inflammatory drug, glucocorticoid drugs – Hydrocortisone, Prednisolone.
If the above groups of drugs are ineffective, they switch to other types of antibiotics. Traditional antibacterial agents, due to their wide distribution and frequent, sometimes unauthorized use, lead to an increase in the resistance of microorganisms to therapy. Modern fluoroquinolones and the newest tetracycline antibiotic drugs solve this problem:
- Moxifloxacin is a modern antibiotic from the group of fluoroquinolones. It is a strong drug, it has activity against the majority of gram-positive and gram-negative pathogens, including antibiotic resistant to other groups. Moxifloxacin is available in the form of tablets and a solution for intravenous drip.
- Doxycycline is an antibacterial drug from the tetracycline group. The spectrum of its action is wide; it is effective for intracellular parasites – chlamydia, mycoplasma, and rickettsia. The intake of the drug less destructively affects the natural microflora of the intestine, unlike other tetracycline drugs. Assigned in the form of tablets or capsules.
- The ipi fro-good preparation of the family of fluoroquinolones is based on ciprofloxacin. It has sufficient efficacy to control most pathogenic strains. It is often used in the treatment of STDs, infectious diseases of the respiratory, digestive, urogenital systems.
- Avelox is a German preparation, analogous to Moxifloxacin. The spectrum of action extends to all microorganisms sensitive to Moxifloxacin.
Orchitis treatment antibiotics: correct mode
For the duration of treatment, bed rest is recommended. If the fulfillment of this condition is not possible, the patient must wear a special supporting bandage for the scrotum – suspensions. Auxiliary has applied Vishnevsky’s ointment in the form of a compress; in addition, in the first few days of the disease symptoms will ease the application of cold.
Hospitalization is not always necessary, treatment can also take place at home, but in this case, the entire responsibility for the accuracy of the prescription of the doctor lies with the patient. Deviation from proper dosages and time of taking medicines reduces their effectiveness and can promote the development of drug resistance to drugs.
Diet sparing, requires the exclusion of sharp and irritating foods, necessarily a large amount of drinking. Alcohol is strictly prohibited when taking antibiotics. You should refrain from sexual intercourse.