Top 10 tips to cure Giddiness
Giddiness is a sensation that causes whirling or a tendency to fall. In the hectic life of us, every day; we experience it at some point or the other. It is a physical feeling where a person experiences loss of balance, light-headedness, and unsteadiness, either individually or altogether. Giddiness can also cause other sensations like Vertigo when a person goes to a higher altitude, making it even worse. While most of us tend to experience Giddiness at one point of time or the other, it is not a disease. It is just a casual effect of physical conditions like hypoglycemia, low blood pressure, neurological disorders, heart diseases, heat strokes, tinnitus, vision disorders, anxiety and panic disorders, head injuries, allergies, migraines, ear infections and sometimes, even the anemia. However, giddiness might also occur when a human being fails to consume adequate food and water, when he’s confronted with motion sickness, hormonal changes, stress and can also be a side effect of excessive workouts or medications.
Giddiness, on the other hand, should not be neglected because when accompanied by other symptoms it might cause serious damage to you. For example, when you have headaches, slower pulse, vision changes or blind spots; there will always be an underlying disease or disorder that you have to get treated by a professional. Sometimes, giddiness also causes chest pain, vomiting, nausea, weakness, paleness, a ringing noise or loss of consciousness. If your giddiness is not very frequent, you can try these home-made remedies to take care of it. Take a look!
Top 10 tips to cure Giddiness:
- Deep Breathing: One of the best ways to deal with giddiness is by deep breathing. It is mandatory to provide adequate oxygen to the brain in order to relax your nervous system. Start with being in a comfortable position and place one of your hands on the abdomen. Place the thumb of the other hand against the nostril and close the mouth. Start inhaling slowly through the nostril and fill your stomach with hair. Hold the air by closing both the nostrils at least for 2-3 seconds before you exhale the air slowly. Repeat the same for multiple times until you feel okay.
- Be Hydrated: Dehydration is one of the main reasons for the giddiness. This can be, because of you not taking water for a longer time for a longer period or when you fail to rehydrate your body after a longer exercise routine. Often more than that, when you are suffering from diarrheal or vomiting where there is an excessive fluid loss, dehydration tends to happen. In such cases, it is recommended to drink herbal tea, along with honey, soups and fruit juices to keep you away from giddiness.
- Eat adequately: Giddiness can also be caused by lower blood sugar levels where hunger plays the main role. Therefore, when you are subjected to giddiness, eat something with regular intervals to avoid being hungry for longer periods. Eat food with high carbohydrates like a chocolate bar, some biscuits or a banana. Other alternatives include handful of walnuts, cashews or almonds, fruits that are rich in water content or a bowl of yogurt.
- Gooseberry: Known in India with the name Amla, it is the best Ayurvedic ingredient to cure giddiness. It is rich in both the vitamins C and A, that help in elevated blood circulation and increase the immunity. Grind two Amla into a paste every night and add two spoons of coriander seeds along with a cup of water. Strain the mixture in the morning and drink it for few days and you can see your energy levels at a better level.
- Honey: Honey is used as a medicine for lower blood pressure and lower sugar levels. By mixing honey with unfiltered cider apple vinegar in water, you can get an almost immediate relief from the giddiness. Alternatives include mixing honey either with lemon or with cinnamon powder in appropriate proportions to take them, every morning.
- Ginger: Ginger is the best remedy for the dizziness and nausea and anything else that accompanies both. Ginger stimulates the blood flow to the body organs which is why it helps in the reduction of giddiness. Just slice a small piece of ginger or buy some ginger candies to suck on, to overcome the giddiness. You can also try drinking ginger tea or ginger ale, two times a day.
- Lemon: With the citrus acid inside it, lemon is a remedy for almost anything and everything. The Vitamin C in the lemon helps in boosting the immune system of the body and also can increase the resistivity of the body, enabling it to fight the illness better. With all the nutrients in it, lemon is an energizing element, and it can also hydrate your body easily, making you refreshed. All you have to do is squeeze some lemon into water, add some sugar, a pinch of pepper and some honey.
- Ginkgo Biloba: A herb available in the market in the form of leaves, tablets and liquid extract, it is an effective cure for giddiness. It helps in a better blood flow, and it can also treat tinnitus. A standard dosage of 150 mg can be consumed, three times in a day for a month or two to get rid of the frequent giddiness. The only precaution that you have to take care is that it has the potential to interact with other medications and it is recommended to consult a doctor, if you are on medication, already.
- Feverfew: In case if you find the above herb not so contemplate, you can use feverfew, another herb to treat giddiness. It treats many accompanying conditions like vomiting, headaches, and nausea. All you need to do is eat few feverfew leaves or add peppermint to the dried leaves in a cup of water and let them soak for 15 minutes before you strain it to drink.
- Yoga: Yoga is a natural remedy for dizziness where you don’t have to consume anything. It improves your blood circulation, strengthens the nervous system, cultivate the concentration by planting alertness. By performing yoga every day, both your physical health and as well as mental health gets better. However, with types of yoga, you can find the accurate postures which might immediately eliminate the giddiness in your body.
That being said, all the above 10 tips can cure the giddiness inside the body. However, it is also important to eat a healthier diet which contributes to the elimination of giddiness irrespective of it related to anemia, blood sugar, blood pressure. Make sure that you eat foods that are rich in vitamin A, fiber, folic acid and iron by avoiding foods that are low in fat and sugar. Avoid all the iron and folic acid blocking beverages so that you can intake green and leafy vegetables that can enhance your metabolism. As it is known that metabolism plays an important role in the causing of giddiness, it is adviced to maintain a healthier life style which doesn’t affect the BMI rate of the body and which can keep it intact. If you have any other tips that can be added or if you know any better solutions, let us know in the comment section so that we can include them and spread them to the people who are looking for them.