Chronic Wasting Disease in Humans Symptoms
Chronic Wasting Disease
Chronic Wasting Disease which is also known as CWD, is a highly contagious disease. The disease initially affected only deer, elk and moose. Chronic Wasting Disease refers to the irregularities, spongy degeneration in brains. These further results in abnormal physical and mental behaviour, abnormal body weight loss, loss of another bodily functions and finally death. Chronic Wasting Disease belongs to a group of disease which is known as transmissible spongiform encephalopathies. These disease has got quite many names which has earlier known to affect only sheep some 200 years back. Even many sub species of deer family and even hybrids also gets effected by this deadly disease.
What Causes Chronic Wasting Disease
Chronic Wasting disease occurs because of the presence of an agent which is also a prion. This is actually an abnormal form of cellular protein which is found in the central nervous system and in the lymphoid tissue. The agent is known to infect the host animal which disrupts the entire cellular and nervous functions of the body. The CWD agent is actually quite smaller in size and thus it becomes more difficult to detect it in the host animals. CWD agent is known to be resistant to normal enzymes and proteins as well as it are resistant to other heat and chemical procedures also.
Chronic Wasting Disease in Humans
Now, the major question arises that chronic wasting disease also impacts human. Well, the researchers are still debating this thing and there have been no scientific evidences of the same. The disease is also known as mad cow disease among humans. Scientists also say that human exposure to CWD can be avoided as humans regularly as humans undergo regular health test.
Chronic Wasting Disease in Human Symptoms
There can be several symptoms of chronic wasting disease in humans. The symptoms vary highly between humans and animals. But some of the major symptoms of chronic wasting disease in human are listed below:
- Abnormal weight loss – This is one of the most significant chronic wasting disease in human symptoms. Just like animals, humans also suffer from chronic wasting disorder. You will witness that suddenly his weight drastically reduces and this impact overall physical activities of human body.
- Lack of Physical Activity – Another chronic wasting disease in human symptoms which is accompanied by loss of weight. When your weight drops drastically then your body becomes severely weak and you are unable to do any physical activity.
- Dizziness – weight loss is also accompanied by dizziness at times. When your body weight drops then your body begins to use essential nutrients and fats in your body and thus the body becomes weak. This is the major reason why a person suffering from chronic wasting disease feels dizzy and weak.
- Lack of Nervous Activity – In advanced stages chronic wasting disease in human symptoms, is characterized by lack of nervous activity. This is when the virus hits your brain and your central nervous system begins to get affected.
- Lack of metabolism – Chronic wasting disease in human symptoms can also cause lack of metabolism in human body. This can cause major indigestion issues and also this will affect your metabolism like anything.
- Lack of Vision – Vision loss is also quite common among humans. This is one of the major chronic wasting disease in human symptoms. Initially your near vision will only suffer but after some time your distant mission will also begin to suffer and gradually there will be complete vision loss among humans.
Above given were some of the major chronic wasting disease in human symptoms. These are very important among humans and thus chronic wasting disease is something which is quite serious.