Does Coconut Water Have Vitamin C
Coconut water is the clear liquid found inside a young, green coconut. Usually, young coconuts are harvested at 5–7 months of age, to contain the maximum water. Coconut water is one of nature’s most refreshing drinks consumed worldwide for its nutritious and health benefiting properties.
The coconut water does have Vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant, helping to protect cells from the damage, caused by free radicals. Free radicals are compounds formed when our bodies convert the food we eat into energy.
The goodness of coconut water has never been a myth. With a never ending list of its benefits, coconut water is a natural sorcerer of all the drinks. It is composed of the following nutrients:
- Amino acids
- B-complex vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese and zinc
240 grams of coconut water contains 46 calories, as well as:
- Carbs: 9 grams.
- Fiber: 3 grams.
- Protein: 2 grams.
- Vitamin C: 10% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 15% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 17% of the RDI.
- Potassium: 17% of the RDI.
- Sodium: 11% of the RDI.
- Calcium: 6% of the RDI.
Here are the facts about coconut water benefits that we really need to know about:
- The presence of electrolytes in coconut water makes it a great rehydrating agent
- Coconut water does have Vitamin C, potassium and magnesium content. Due to this, one of the many benefits of coconut water is, it is really good at maintaining a low BP.
- Coconut water is composed of antifungal and antibacterial properties that have the power to reduce the acne issues. It levels the pH of our skin that regulates a proper hydration for the skin, thus keeping it moisturized.
- The fact that coconut water is very low in calories, makes it suitable for the people trying to cut down their weights. It is naturally blessed with zero fat and cholesterol.
- The richness of magnesium in coconut water can help reduce headaches. It is also known to be effective for migraines.
- For all the diabetic people, coconut water can be an absolute solution. It is not only low in sugar and calories but also very rich in potassium, many important minerals and dietary fibres.
- Our heart is one of the most sensitive organs that we have. Coconut water increases the HDL or the good lipid. The presence of electrolytes in it makes it a great heart
The water from coconuts has been consumed for centuries and is believed to treat a variety of health-related ailments. Coconut trees are also called “kalpa vriksha,” which means “tree which gives all that is necessary for living” in Sanskrit, as each and every part of this tree is useful.