Giving up Smoking
Smoking is one of the most obsessive and passive habit which is very commonly seen among both men and women. Smoking does harm to your body and thus any individual should immediately think about giving up smoking.
Giving up smoking might sound difficult but actually it is not. Let us share some of the most practical and easy peasy tips of giving up smoking –
- Set up a target date and time – The first and foremost step in giving up smoking is to set up a fixed date and time. This is the date and time when you will finally give up smoking without thinking twice. Till then you can keep smoking as usual. Also, keep in mind that you won’t go back on this date. You have to promise yourself that at any cost you are going to give up smoking at this point of time.
- Futuristic Approach – You should keep looking towards the bright future as there is nothing bright and positive with smoking. Smoking is nothing but just an addiction to nicotine. Thus, if you give up smoking then you will realize that life is much better now. And you already know that giving up smoking will give you much better returns in life than anything else.
- Final Cigarette Time – This is the time when you need to have your final cigarette. Stay cool about this and don’t stress out and pressurise yourself too much. This phase might be difficult but it is going to pass off very soon. Also, make a resolution to yourself that come what may in future you are never going to light another cigarette or consume nicotine in any other form.
- Post withdrawal – Post withdrawal is definitely slightly difficult time but nothing that will not pass. Be cool about it and don’t think too much about cigarette. There is no such physical pain or cravings only it’s the mental set up. Thus, you can kill you time by consuming tea or coffee at your smoking time. Be happy that finally you are going to lead a healthier life.
- Stay in Group – If you stay alone then you might light another cigarette thus bets is to stay in a group. This will keep your mind off cigarette and you will be able to enjoy your time laughing and chilling with friends.
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy – This is especially for passive smokers who find it really difficult to cope with their day to day life after leaving cigarette. Thus, what you can do is that get into a nicotine replacement therapy. This will keep you sinking through the initial days when you have been trying to giving up smoking. Surveys have proved that nicotine gums, patches and lozenges are quite helpful when you are finally giving up smoking.
- Prescription Pills – Do you know that there are some prescription pills available in the market which will help you to curb smoking? These are not the ones which are included in nicotine therapy. These pills are basically the pills which will help you to get over depression or any such symptoms after you have tried really hard in giving up smoking.
- Break Time – And finally when you have promised yourself for a healthier tomorrow then this is the time when you need to take a break and unwind yourself. Get indulged in some positive things in your life. It is better to stay away from the negativities and get indulged in some activity sessions which will bring a healthier and brighter tomorrow.
Thus, above given are some of the very basic benefits which you can enjoy once you have given up smoking. Believe me, the list is endless.