Importance of Social Connections in Life
Human beings are known to be social animals. Since time immemorial they have lived together in a group. Even if we look back at our history, then we can see human beings living together, hunting together and doing most of their daily chores together only. The concept of marriage which is extremely important in a human circle is also all about companionship. Thus, without companionship our life is incomplete.
As per a survey it has been proved that humans who stay together are known to lead a healthy life as compared to people who like to stay alone. Now, you may ask what about introverts? Well, you might have come across introverts, but they also interact and look or friends at some level. They cannot live their life completely in isolation.
And this is not only about your personal life back home. The situation and the want of companionship are also same at the workplace. You need to build friendship at work, and this will help you to get through the ups and downs of your workplace.
If you don’t believe me then let’s have a look at following benefits which have been proven if you build social connections at work –
- Motivated Employees – If you are successful in building successful and sound social connections at work, then you will stay motivated in your office. Doesn’t matter you are an employee or an employer motivation is very important to sustain yourself and others in the workplace.
- Team Building – Correct spirit at the workplace helps you in team building. This ensures that your team works together and achieves goals together. A healthy team spirit is very important in the workplace as it will drive positive spirit and makes the work easier and much more fun.
- Improves your Quality of life – Social connections in your life ultimately lead to improvement in the quality of your life. This will make you happy as a person and much more positive. Also, you will feel quite complete and motivated from inside.
- Improvement in Mental Health – Better social connections are known to improve and boost your mental health. They will make you feel much more energetic,and your concentration will also improve,and you can feel a greater level of happiness and lower level of stress in your life.
- Increases your life expectancy – It has been seen that since you are spending your days enjoying with your friends and your stress level has significantly reduced, thus your life expectancy strategically improves. Thus, what you need to do is instead of paying visits to your doctor start paying visits to your friends and see how it improves your life.
Now, what are you waiting for? Many of us might think that building social connections is just a waste of time and money but no you are absolutely wrong. Building social connections will significantly improve your life and your lifespan also. So, now start laughing in a group instead of laughing alone.