Published: June 17, 2020 10:30:41 pm
Shankhpushpi, the Asian flower that blooms post-summer and mid-monsoon is considered part of herbal medicine. The conch-shaped (or shankh in Hindi) flower, also known as Asian pigeonwings, Shankhini, Kambumalini, Sadaphuli and Sankhaphuli, is popularly used as a memory booster and brain tonic. In Ayurveda, the edible flower is used to calm one’s mind.
In an IGTV video, Amrit Kaur, who holds expertise in Ayurveda, talks at length about different benefits of this purple tea. “Shankhpushpi, an Ayurvedic medicine, uses all parts of the plants, leaves, flowers, roots etc and is very effective to improve memory and intelligence. It’s useful in cold cough, headaches as well. It is considered anti-ageing and improves life longevity. It’ll also improve skin quality, overall strength. Helps in getting good sleep, relieves anxiety and depression,” she says in her video.
View this post on Instagram
A simple Flower tea to Calm our overactive mind. Shankhpushpi, an Ayurvedic medicine uses all parts of the plants, leaves, flowers, roots etc & is very effective to improve memory & intelligence. It’s useful in cold cough, headaches as well. It is considered anti-ageing & improves life longevity. It’ll also improve skin quality, overall strength. Helps in getting good sleep, relieves anxiety & depression. Grateful for all these beautiful bluepea flowers on our plant that helped me choose my #CalmThatVata series, where I’ll try to share all Ayurveda/traditional things that has helped me in improving my mental health. While you will get Shankhpushpi herb Medicine at most ayurvedic shops, if you looking at jut buying flowers, @urbanplatter.in sells them on Amazon. I also like the green tea + these flowers blend by @TeaTrunk News, social media, just the state of our World are distribing for everyone, Hope you can take extra care of yourself & your closest ppl in these trying times. Do share, what helps you calm your mind? 🌼 #EdibleFlowers #MentalHealth #MentalWellness #Traditional #EverydayAyurveda #Herbs
Here are some of the benefits of this herbal tea:
* The powerful antioxidants of this flower helps in concentration and calms your brain. It can be beneficial for students during their exam preparation.
* It reduces mental fatigue that happens due to long work hours and excessive screen time.
* People with depression should include it in their daily routine as it helps in balancing brain chemicals such as neurotransmitters and ups secretion of dopamine, which in turn keeps the serotonin level under control. It also helps to reduce various symptoms of anxiety which includes restlessness, uneasiness, cold hands and feet, and makes one mentally stronger.
* The ethanolic extract in these flowers reduces the levels of non-esterified fatty acids which eventually reduces the risk of heart attacks, heart block, blood clots.
* It stimulates better digestion thanks to the traditional herbs and essential oils present in it.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd